Sunday, August 5, 2012

One shade of grey

So, here we go again.
College. It's such a nice, fancy word.
Junior College. Not so fancy, but still miles better than plain old "school".
It should be a piece of cake. My college is close to my house; it's pretty reputed; and I get to ditch Physics and Chem for Psychology and German. I should be happy. Right? Right?

But all this is at the cost of English. It's anticlimactic (an anticlimax, according to someone of repute around college, is a "decent" from a climax. True story), because I expected it to be some sort of Utopia where I unleash my creative goddess and live happily ever after. But if it's so bad that I want to bunk English (earlier you wouldn't have believed this possible, trust me) then surely something's wrong?

Then again. Where something's wrong, there's also something right. Pune's biggest library is just next door, I have nicer subjects, a whole bunch of new people to meet, get to do subjects that I like, and get to perform at India's biggest inter-college fest. I should be happy. Right? Right?

Thinking over it, I am. It's a whole different experience - and while experiences in themselves can be bad, just the fact that you get to see some new side of life is nothing to complain about. I get more time to read, more time to write. So it's all good?

Eh well. It goes on. It goes on being good, it goes on being crappy.

In some senses, life is just like a book. Good stuff happens, bad stuff happens.

But that's the spice of life, isn't it? Who would remember a story without a villain? 

1 comment:

  1. Shades of grey are somehow more interesting than plain old black and white. But maybe, that's just me!

    ReplyDelete