Friday, June 8, 2012

Just for the hell of it

Yeah, there's no reason I'm writing this post. Maybe it's because I'm bored, maybe it's because I just feel like writing whatever the hell comes to my mind (which is now lyrics, because I'm blasting Eluveitie through my headphones) or because i just came back from, undoubtedly, the worst French class in my month-and-a-half of French classes.

There are 2 types of people. Those who do things just because they want to, and those who do what they want to provided there's a good enough reason behind it. Being the antisocial nut I am, I fall in the second category, surrounded by first-class people (yeah, even my sense of humour takes a hit when I'm in a bad mood. Sorry for the lame joke).

So. For French, we're supposed to present a skit, the 8 of us. I had a good, un-Philistine-ish idea of a parody in French, whether it's Sholay or Shakespeare I'd let them choose. Instead, we're doing a melange (which, by the way, is a French word) of Bollywood characters. In French. It's weird. It makes no sense. I'd rather do nothing than put this up, but I'm countered by my classmates saying that it's "just for fun".

Sure, the basis of all human action is gratification.
What does that even achieve?
Is it worth wasting your time on something, if no one appreciates it but you?
This might sound hypocritical, seeing as I'm being a "selfish" b*tch by taking Arts (because I want to) and not Science (because everyone else wants me to). Is it really that different?

Okay now I'm confused. Excuse me while I put on an Eluveitie instrumental. Those always clear my head.

Yeah. So.
My point is, if you must do something, make sure it's not just for personal gain, because that's stupid.
If not...then, some empathy, at least? Brains, if that's not too hard?
The world is full of people who act stupid, and unempathetic. Don't be one of them.

No, I'm not making any sense at all. Sorry to have wasted your time on this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment